Monday Mugshots Collaboration Feb. 28th

OH GOOD GRAVY.
I sent a reminder out to the guest hosts that Feb. didn't have 31 days, and we'd be sharing on the 28th, and then I FORGOT!! lol
Geeze.
If you're new here, you can take a moment to see how the prompts work this year by clicking HERE.

PROMPT: Drink of choice
Shooters can share their pictures from this prompt on Facebook 03.04
SHOOTERS: Take a photo of your drink of choice. Tea, Beer, Coffee, Lemonaide... what's in your mug most days?
BOOKERS: Create a page using some of the packaging of your favorite brand. Use lots of packaging in strips on a page. Go HERE for inspiration! Use your product's branding to influence your colors and layout.
RACHEL
It's coffee, OK. Cofee, coffee, coffee. COFF. EE. That's the drink I "go to". Maybe not all day, (because I generally only have one cup of it a day) but most certainly it's my favorite to wake up and prepare to face the day with. It's hard to see, but I took a picture with the not so hard to see coffee grounds, on top of a harder to see dictionary page with the word COFFEE. :::smiles::: Ahhh, details. How I love you.
GLENDA
I love working with packaging and I am always snipping and keeping various tags that I find from new clothing, etc.. In this journal page I had some clothing tags from Billabong and used 3 of them to make this page.

JEN
This is my drink of choice these days...a Moscow Mule. It's vodka, lime juice and ginger beer. Plus you drink it out of a cool little copper mug. What's not to love?
LINDA
I drink lots of water and I've used packaging from my bottle of water. I found the stamp with snow and glacier on and thought it fitted well with the theme. The little hat on the elephant inspired to use the twine and fabric flower.
AMY
I had a lot of fun with this prompt. When I'm not drinking coffee, I'm usually drinking Mt Dew. Since discovering it, White Out is my fav version of Mt Dew. Almost instantly I knew I wanted to use the actual can for my page. I just wasn't sure of EXACTLY how, other than I KNEW I would be turning a specific area of it into wings. I also knew I wanted a heart on the page. Again, I had no specifics in mind though. So, here is what resulted...

 Page DETAIL
The while page started with the "wings" that I cut from my empty White Out can. After I finished cutting off that portion of the can I had the bottom left. I was looking at it and thought to myself "this would be cool in the center". "Maybe with a heart in it?" again I thought to myself. So, I tried stapling the wings to the can bottom, it didn't work. I had to go downstairs to find my E6000 to glue them on and while rummaging through stuff I found this silver heart. I decided it might work so brought it up as well. Got the wings glued onto the can bottom and while they were drying played around with ideas. Decided I did indeed like the heart BUT it needed to be red. So....out came the red Sharpie. After coloring it I glued it to the can bottom with E6000. It needed something else but I wasn't sure what. Tried black paint around the outer edge, didn't like it and washed it off. Then, out came the black Sharpie and wa-la drew the burst bubble and colored it in. It was just the touch I needed. So after putting it together it's like "HOW is this going to work for a ART JOURNAL post?!". Thought to myself, Ï could journal on the can bottom...nah, don't like that idea. I DID know I wanted to use the words Live Free. Anyway, I laid the assemblage down on my table and the vision clicked on in my head. So after a LOT of Sharpie & E6000 fumes and a lot of just "winging it" (appropriately) the page came together! And, I have to say, I LIKE IT (for those that don't know me, I RARELY say this about my own work)!

Supplies Used:
Pop can
Box Knife
Needlenose Scissors
E6000 glue
Black, Red & Turquoise Sharpie markers
Yellow Acrylic Paint
Sketch Book Paper

After finishing my page for the "Booker" portion of this prompt, I knew I wanted my photo for the "Shooter"portion to have a similar bold, graphic look, thus I though the black iron of our patio set would make a good back drop for the shot. After some cropping, color boosting and adding a few borders I got the look I was going for! BETH
I love my black coffee dearly and truly. And I do enjoy a good Bourbon or Scotch now and then. But without a doubt, if I'm being completely honest, WATER is the drink that I turn to the most. Farm-fresh mountain spring water pumped from our well, it is straight-up, the best water you will ever taste. Thirst-quencher, life-giver, essential to my daily routine = Water. 

Are YOU ready!?
The rules

  1. Use all or just one of the prompts.
  2. MAKE THEM YOURS. These prompts are IDEAS. They are not set in stone. I encourage you to stretch yourself. If you find a prompt doesn't speak to you, think on it. Find a way to MAKE it speak to you, and go with that. 
  3. You do NOT have to be a coffee drinker to play along! Tea, Water, Beer or the Hard Stuff. WE DON'T CARE!! Make the prompts work for you and your mug. (or lack there of)
  4. There is NO right or wrong.
  5. Share your feedback positively. ABSOLUTELY no judging of what others share. (If I find that people aren't following this rule, I will remove links left by that person.)
  6. This is a place for you to explore! It doesn't matter if you've just gotten here in the middle of the year, or if you've gotten "behind" and don't create every day. It doesn't matter if you don't create at ALL... (although we'd love it if you do)  
  7. Add your link to what you book or shoot in the comments here for easy visiting and sharing!! Be sure to add a DIRECT LINK. (you can get this most times by clicking on the title of your post, and then copying the URL.) General links to websites will be deleted (because they make it hard for people to follow behind and find the post pertaining to this prompt) ALSO, links leading to posts that do not make it clear how they are related to the prompts will be removed. 
  8. If you would like to "officially" sign up to be listed in our participants list, visit the sign up page, by clicking on GOT BADGE at the top of the page. (this is one area where direct links are not needed!)
~rachel
All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel and Guest Hosts. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Great prompt and great responses!

    I LOVE Moscow Mules! Where do you get the wonderful copper cup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My drink of choice.

    http://stamplaughplay.blogspot.com/2013/03/draw-what-you-see.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://geknipt.blogspot.be/2013/03/drink-of-choise.html

    Here is my page for this challenge.
    I drink coffee, tea and chocolate everyday, so I made pictures of all 3.
    I used the packaging of Droste cacao, my faforite brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited you guys are still doing this...I had so much fun with this prompt, even though I went about it a little differently. I uses packaging from some of my favorite scrapbook products and candy...
    http://ignitea365dayartadventure.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weeks' prompt has inspired me to add collage to my page. Here it is:
    http://hweesartjourney.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/did-i-really-see-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dunkin Donuts...the good stuff! :)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/25193940@N02/8550950538/in/set-72157628904470005/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh...Diet Pepsi hits the spot.

    http://travelingquilter.blogspot.com/2013/06/drink-of-choice.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts