Some Journal Making ideas

I'm hoping to find the time to be able to photograph my process as I make my art journal... but in the event that I run out of time... (seeing as I only have a couple more days...) I thought I would share some ideas already out there on the web about journals and ideas for what to use when you are choosing. I guess what I'd like you to take from this list is that IT'S UP TO YOU!! It truly doesn't matter what you use.

You might consider:
Size. What page size are you really comfortable with? I know personally, I do MUCH better with smaller pages. This is true for me as a scrapbooker AND as an art journaler. I LOVED the use of playing cards for my Deck of ME art journal. This year, I think I'll go larger, but not by much. The book I'm altering is only about 4X6 and I don't plan to create double pages.

Bulk. I enjoyed putting some pretty bulky things on my journals. Choose your journal so that these things won't be in the way, or if they are, that you'll be OK with a bulky look to your journal. (which I LOVE)

things like paperweight at that should be considered, but IMO, they are easy to adapt, because it's pretty simple to add a layer of gesso paints to both sides of a page and make it ready to accept paint without warping your page...

Remember too, that over time, even pages that are warped will flatten out a lot.

ROOM. Remember to allow yourself ROOM. If you aren't using a bound book, you might try to keep in mind that your final pages will take up at LEAST twice the amount of room as they did before they had art on them. For example... my finished Deck of ME cards...
The Whole Bunch... by you.

Milliande has a GREAT book I only WISH I could create... HERE!

And some videos of ideas for you.







~rachel

All images and content on this blog is copyright to Rachel Whetzel unless otherwise specified. Please give credit when sharing your art that is inspired here! Thank you so much!!

Comments

  1. Gotta make me some of those...that mini would be a cute addition on one of the prompts...do a reverse on the back side so you're not wastig paper and glue it down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my last 2 journals got soooo fat!! Full of all kinds of lumpy, bumpy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that the card is perfect. I love making art journals with little pieces of card stock.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

So happy to have you here! Please be sure to leave a direct link to your projects so I and others can come visit!!
~rachel
NOTICE: due to the high amount of spam comments I have to filter each day here, I have removed the ability to comment anonymously. If you do not have a google, wordpress, typepad, aim or live journal account to comment with, please consider creating one!

Popular Posts